"Send every child back to school with pride..." |
Getting involved is easy. We are continually looking for volunteers to help us throughout the year. There are varied opportunities. You can do a little or a lot.
To volunteer for any of the opportunities listed below, please call Community Action Council @ 360-438-1100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer to pick up and wash gently used coats from a local schoolís lost and found. Many schools are already participating.
- Sponsor a fundraiser or collect school supplies or socks at your work place, community organization or church.
- Shop the back to school sales and donate items.
- Volunteer during Distribution Week. Help is needed at Komachin Middle School@ 3650 College St. SE, Lacey, WA 98503, our distribution site, Monday, August 13th to Wednesday, August 15th. Work includes unloading, setting up, sorting, and displaying school supplies and clothing. We can sign you up for help for a few hours on any of one those days.
- Distribution Day is Thursday, August 16th, at Komachin Middle School. There are numerous tasks to perform. However, for the protection of the children, volunteers must have prior approval by the Little Red Schoolhouse committee and show driverís license at check-in on Distribution Day. We will be signing you up for a 2-3 hour timeslot.
Here is the link to sign up for distribution set-up:
Here is the link to sign up for distribution day: